About the job
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody® therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes, and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline, including 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at http://www.cytomX.com.
CytomX’s Internship Program is a paid 12-week summer internship for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students looking for exposure and meaningful work experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry. We’ve designed our program to give interns an opportunity to learn hands-on project experience, develop new skills outside of the classroom and establish career networks and lifelong mentors.
What Will You Get Out of This Summer Internship?
- Opportunity to learn hands-on project experience.
- Develop new skills outside of the classroom.
- Establish career networks and lifelong mentors.
- Engage in our fun and collaborative company culture while participating in company wide events.
- Receive compensation through this paid internship.
- Consideration for future full-time positions or contract roles.
Scope of Timeline
- March: Applications open
- April: Offers made
- Mid-May/June through mid-August/September: Internship period
- Must be 18 years of age prior to scheduled start date
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to commit to the full 12 weeks’ time frame between June and August.
- Interns will be expected to work 40 hours a week.
- We accept applications from students at all degree levels: BS, MS, and PhD.
- Candidates are eligible to apply to the internship within one year of their last degree attained.
- We do not have a GPA requirement.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of accredited university or community college course work to be considered for an internship.
- We currently do not offer visa sponsorship to interns.
Protein Sciences internship position provides an excellent opportunity for students to get hands-on experience in learning to optimize expression and purification process development of engineered proteins in various throughputs and complexity. This internship will primarily focus on execution of laboratory experiments such as protein expression, purification, characterization, and analytics of antibodies and various other cutting-edge novel bispecific antibody formats. During this internship candidate will have a rich experience in learning various aspects of oncology early drug development and will also get opportunity to generate protein reagents to support various discovery pipeline projects.
- Operation of AKTA systems to purify proteins
- Develop and optimize methods for protein purification and characterization: Affinity/IEX/SEC/HIC column chromatography for protein purification
- Characterize proteins by SDS-PAGE, HPLC-SEC and other analytical methods
- Organize data, update electronic lab notebook and support protein inventory system
- Enrolled in BS/MS/PhD in Biochemistry or a related field
- Strong Laboratory skills with practical lab experience in the field of study is must (industry, college research, or internship)
- Knowledge and interest in Protein Biochemistry
- Familiarity with recombinant protein expression and purification is desirable
- Must be highly organized and have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2461254457/