Position: Research scientist in protein engineering
Incircular / VU University Amsterdam
Incircular, a VU University Amsterdam spin-off, is a research-focused biotechnology startup built on a technology that enables the stabilization of proteins by chemical modification. The company is building a portfolio of stabilized proteins for various applications in therapeutics and diagnostic. Incircular is located within the laboratories of Prof. Tom Grossmann at the Faculty of Science at the VU University Amsterdam.
We are seeking an experienced molecular or chemical biologist to join Incircular. The successful candidate will work independently in an interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities will include:
- Cloning of plasmid constructs for expression
- Expression of proteins in bacterial, insect, yeast and human cells
- Purification and biochemical characterization of proteins using a range of techniques, such as, affinity and size exclusion chromatography, SDS page, and mass spectrometry
- Establishing and optimizing thermal stability assays
- Construct engineering to optimize expression
- Work closely with chemists, structural biologists, and business developers to advance the project
- Create a plan of required experiments including resources and timelines to meet project milestones
Our new team member should have the following profile:
- PhD in a relevant area of biology or biochemistry
- Ability to work flexibly and independently within a team
- Analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, including the ability to work to set deadlines
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Relevant lab experience preferably including: cloning of plasmids, protein expression and purification,development and optimization of biochemical assays
- A strong ‘can-do’ attitude where an obstacle is a welcomed challenge.
We offer a temporary full-time position for the duration of one year with the possibility of extension and a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Joining our team gives you:
- The opportunity to make a difference and play an essential role in a dynamic, innovative start-up
- The chance to grow as a professional
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in a growing and ambitious biotech company.
- Applications should include a cover letter, providing a short description of their motivation, with curriculum vitae including the names and contacts of two references. Please send your application by June 20, 2021 to Saskia Neubacher, CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information can be found on www.incircular.com and www.grossmannlab.com.
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2572601773/